Sunday 23 August 2015

WASH DAY GONE WRONG/ DIY Avocado and banana deep conditioner

Good morning ladies,
I have read a lot of great reviews about using avocados and bananas as deep conditioners for thick hair. Bananas helps to import shine, soften hair and moisturises. The same advantage goes with avocado. But the oils in avocados are one of the few that can penetrate the curticles and actually moisturise hair so this moisture remains on the hair after it has been rinsed out. Who doesn't want such moisture and shine for a thick hair?

So last weekend, I decided I was going to give this a try. "I need this shine" I said to myself. So I bought one avocado and a bunch of banana bit I only used two out of it. I was too lazy to update. I am sorry for the late update.


I used soft, ripe avocados because they are easier to work with. I mixed the banana and and avocados in the blender. Added little water amd mixed. And because I didn't want to have stuck on my hair, I used a strainer with net like openings to separate whatever that would have gotten stucked on my hair but I was too impatient, I forced it through with my fingers and I was left with this


I thought this was the only thing that could stuck my hair without realising that if you force it through, you'll forced the lumps through. So I proceeded.

I did a prepoo treatment with VO5 Conditioner, salon Tech, ORS replenishing conditioner, Shea butter and olive oil

Washed with ORS hairepair invigorating shampoo

Teas rinsed with Earl Grey green tea and towel dried for 15 minutes

Applied the mashed avocado and banana to my hair


I covered my hair with a heat cap for 30 minutes and proceed with rinsing it out. And that was it! I couldn't get it all out. I rinsed and rinsed but yet to no avail. I didn't want to re-wash my hair so I wrapped with a t-shirt  fo 30 minutes before I began removing all the fruit stuck from my hair


This was 30 minutes after struggling to remove the avocado and banana stuck in my hair. You really do no want to see that tired face. (winks*) 

I promised my hair I wasn't going to comb for a period of 4 weeks. I would rather finger detangle but I broke my rule and my hair wasn't happy with me. I do not comb my hair when it is wet unless 90% dry.

I was able to remove alot with comb at least the visible ones. And that was it. No more!!! I am not going to do this again. It was 4.pm already and I started at exactly 8.am in the morning. Did I spend the whole day on 1 hair?

I washed my hair with a sulphate shampoo after a week and I used garlic on my hair for scalp massage before washing. That will be on my next update

I got the shiny hair I was craving for with lots of banana and avocado stuck😊. Thanks to DIY I think I'll let the product do it next time or be more patient if I have to do this again. But until then, Product please♡

Thanks for reading.

Love always, Martyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.