Saturday 8 August 2015

Product Review/ Dove damage therapy intensive repair conditioner.



Price/N1800

If you are the ingredient conscious kind of lady when purchasing hair product. You'll definitely give this condition a 4.8/5. Reason being that  it contains ingredients that are very helpful to the hair. The first ingredient is water which is normal for all conditioners. But the ingredients of interest to me are:

1. Cetearyl Alcohol: Cetearyl Alcohol is a fatty alcohol. Fatty alcohols are derived from animals, plants or oils. They are used as emulsifiers (mixes oil and water in hair products so doesn't separate from other ingredients). Good alcohols are beneficial to hair because they add moisture by drawing water to the hair.

2. Behentrimonium Chloride:  it conditions, detangles . Fights static, softens, restores and rebuild damaged hair. It doesn't coat but penetrates the hair shaft for potent conditioning effect. It gives hair slip as you detangle. 

3. Glycerin: Glycerine is a humectant. It pulls moisture into the hair and retains it.

There are other great ingredients below but among the first 7, these 3 are of importance to me. If you are looking out for good conditioners, fatty alcohols and humectant are of great importance. Other fatty alcohols you can find in products include Cetyl Alcohol, Stearly Alcohol and lauryl alcohols.

Panthenol, honey and glycerine are all humectants and whatever draws moisture into your hair and has the ability to retain it will definitely help in conditioning your hair.

Ingredients that also help to ensure easy detangling is a must have ingredients in conditioners. A good conditioner should give you that slip when detangling.

This was the first conditioner I bought when I started my hair journey and YES it did what it said. I was struggling with knots and tangles but it was of great help.

And for my transitioning hair, this conditioner has really been helpful in preventing tangles at the line of demarcation.

Direction: massage through hair strands, focusing more on the tips. Leave for 1 minute. Rinse off.

It is a rinse out conditioner, so you don't have to leave on for 30 minutes for maximum result But because I like my conditioner on for a longer period, I sometimes add honey and olive oil and leave on for 10-20 minutes.

At the back of this conditioner has a damage  symptom table where it indicates that the conditioner helps for intensive damage (Breakage, split ends and hair fall). But for me, it really help my hair curb breakage and split ends. I have never suffered form hair fall so I cannot tell if it worked in that aspect.

Will I purchase again? Yes Yes and Yes. 

Thanks for reading.

Love always, Martyna.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.