Sunday 4 October 2015

RETAINING LENGHT, POSSIBLE????

One major reason African hair do not grow pass  a particular lenght is because of breakage. Most Africans still doubt that their hair can grow. I wouldn't blame them for such idea. When you've Been stuck on a length for 9 to 12 years and someone begins to tell you waist lenght hair is attainable. Hahaha. Just wondering their reaction. Who wouldn't doubt anyway?

But my case was the opposite. I never doubted that my hair can grow. Infact I often question why our hair stops at a certain lenght and I have thoughts  about where the new growth goes to during relaxer touch up. I always see new growth but no length. 

When I had the worst encounter with my hair, I began trying to device means of maintaining a healthy hair.

Do have it in mind that the leading cause of one length hair is breakage. Our hair is made up of proteins. Relaxers alters the protein bonds in our hair making our hair prone to more damage. Most ladies return to natural because they feel relaxed hair is not healthy.

The case is otherwise for me. I feel you can have a healthy relaxed or natural hair. But it all depends on what you are comfortable with.

Relaxed hair needs more protein to curb breakage
Natural hair needs more moisture to curb dryness
Either way, you still need to put effort for a healthy hair.

Natural hair




Texlaxed hair



Thanks for reading.

Love always, Martyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.