Thursday 29 October 2015

HAIR DYE RESULT



Last week, I went to a mall to get a hair dye. I like black, gold, red, purple, orange colour. Infact I like all colours of hair and I wanted to experiment with my hair as I was already becoming bored with my one coloured hair. I wasn't planning on colouring all my hair. I just wanted a combo (gold and black).

I purchased L'Oreal Sublime Mousse from Casabella PH for #1,300.

To start off, I needed to give my hair a treat. Dye is a chemical that acts just like relaxer. They both contain hydrogen perioxide as an active ingredient. But unlike relaxer, the chemical has the ability to strengthen a kinky hair. But in the case of hair dye, the chemical has the ability to alternate the colour of your hair. And in such case, proper care needs to be taken.

PRE-DYE TREATMENT (BEFOR DYE TREATMENT)
Because I already had in mind what my hair was going to go through, I had to get it ready. I used a hard protein to make the strands stronger.

Firstly, I sectioned my hair into 8, applied Inecto Pure Coconut Infusion Conditioner (detangler) and covered with a heat cap.

Secondly, I detangled after about 30 mins, sprayed my hair with water and then proceeded to apply the egg ( egg white and yolk)

After applying, I covered my hair with a heat cap for about 15 minutes.

Rinsed and towel dry. When my hair was about 50% dry, I used a blow dryer (low tension) and dried my hair.

I sectioned into 2 and braided.

THE NEXT DAY




I sectioned into 10 and used a ponytail holder to hold about half of my hair. I wasn't going to dye all my hair. I just wanted to colour half and because I was applying it myself, I needed to know the point I would stop.

I mixed the dye as instructed and then proceeded.

AFTER APPLICATION
I was expecting a dark golden blonde but I couldn't even get a light golden blonde but I said to myself, maybe the colour would surface after rinsing out. So I stayed for 25 minutes as instructed.

RESULT
My hair came out black.........
Complete waste of Naira. What nonsense???

If you have an African hair, DO NOT buy this dye. It might work for the white folks with straight hair but not for Africans.

But why would Casabella sell this product in Nigeria??? Seriously, I am pissed. I can't even rock my gold hair.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the gloves and conditioner rocks ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.