Monday 31 August 2015

Wash day at 2 months post relaxer



I prepooed with VO5 Conditioner, salon Tech, olive oil and shea butter. I also added a bit of ORS replenishing conditioner (it is protein based) but because I encountered a lot of breakage during the week, I decided to give my hair a little extra treatment. I also massaged my scalp with shea butter. I covered my hair with a heat cap and slept.

I shampooed the next morning with ORS sulphate free shampoo and I was very patient enough to follow the direction. I allowed the shampoo to sit in my hair for at least 5 minutes before rinse and I did this two consecutive times. I noticed that I had less buildup in my hair. Will definitely keep up to that.

I tea rinsed with Earl Grey green tea (I always use the pour and catch method) I allowed the tea on my hair for 3 minutes before wrapping with a towel


I conditioned with crème of nature intensive conditioning treatment and Vitale olive oil hair mayonnaise under my heat cap for almost 2 hours. I don't really think it makes any difference staying for that long. But I was busy so I had to stay that long

I added honey and oil for a deeper deep conditioning



I rinsed with ACV( apple cider vinegar) after rinsing out the conditioner with cool water. I also used the pour and catch method during the rinse. I allowed the ACV sit on my hair for 5 minutes before wrapping with a t-shirt.

I loosely parted my hair into two sections to air dry. When it was 50% dry, I applied my leave in conditioner. I've notice that my leave in conditioner works best for my hair when damp.

Once dry, I sectioned into 6 and detangled, applied moisturiser and sealed with olive oil. I am 2 months post relaxer and my hair feels like I just relaxed. It was a breeze to detangle my hair. Even after using a protein deep conditioner to prepoo over night, my hair didn't feel too hard. I really noticed less breakage.

Spraying my new growth with water might just be a routine. It has really helped me deal with tangles.

Thanks for reading.

Love always, Martyna.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.