Saturday 4 July 2015

TEXLAXING

texlaxed- 30th June 2015
length- Armpit length

What is Texlaxing?  Texlaxing is the process of under processing your hair on purpose to loosen the texture of the hair. Instead of leaving the relaxer to relax your hair bone straight, what texlaxing does is to keep more textures on the hair, hence the name
      Texture -   Tex
      Relaxing - laxing
The final look of texturised is more straighter than natural hair (chemical-free hair).

I started texlaxing my hair since December 2013 and every day I wake up I am so greatful that I realised what texlaxing is all about.
I really like the way texlaxed hair looks when straightened. More textures, thick and full.

To texlax effectively, there are things we must know;
1. You can choose a mild relaxer. No lye relaxer is an ideal choice.
2. Another option is to dilute the relaxer by mixing about 3 teaspoon full of olive oil to the relaxer.
3. It is important to reduce the processing time. That means leaving the relaxer on your hair for a short time.
4. It is also important not to comb through but rather smoothen the roots of your hair with your fingers.

There are some PROS and CONS of texlaxing;

PROS
1. Thicker hair- This was the main reason I decided to texlax. Like i said earlier, I like my hair full and thick.

2. Less breakage- Relaxers are chemicals and they act by breaking down the protein bonds in our hair. So leaving the relaxer for for longer time leads to a straighter and more damaged hair. When your hair is texlaxed, the protein bonds are not fully broken down.

CONS
1. Detangling- detangling texlaxed hair requires patients.

2. Uneven textures- This is the major problem I am facing. From the picture, you will notice that I still have relaxed ends. You can decide to cut your relaxed ends off making it easier to handle. But for me, I prefer to deal with both textures.

When retaining some textures to the hair, you are also retaining some of the natural textures and this can lead to shrinkage.

Hope this was informative. Do let us know if you benefitted.

Love always, Martyna.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.