Wednesday 29 July 2015

WASH DAY (Thorough Cleansing)


I've not clarified my hair since my last relaxer which is a month now and my hair needed a thorough cleansing. I used Organics by Africa's best stimulating therapy shampoo. I couldn't find my usual ORS aloe creamy shampoo so I decided to purchase this. You can use any clarifying shampoo of your choice considering the fact that it contains the active ingredient (sodium laureth sulfate). 

STEPS
1. I applied olive oil to my hair and covered with a heat cap for about 30 mins to allow easy detangling.

2. I detangled my hair, parted into 12 and box braided my hair. I always braid my hair before shampooing to avoid tangled hair.

3. I shampooed with Organics by African's best stimulating therapy shampoo. I shampooed 3 consecutive times to ensure all buildups are out. I mixed the shampoo with water after the first wash. I wrapped my hair with towel for 10 minutes to remove excess water.


4. I mixed egg yolk with ORS replenishing conditioner for my protein. Egg yolk is a hard protein so I always use it after relaxing my hair or every 4 to 6 weeks. After undoing each braided hair, I conditioned then I covered my hair with a heat cap for 30 minutes.


This is what the mixture looks like

5. I rinsed my hair thoroughly with cold water, wrapped my hair with towel to remove excess water before applying a deep conditioner. I mixed my deep condition with honey and olive oil. 


This is what the mixture looks like

6. I rinsed out the deep condition with cold water first before rinsing with my apple cider vinegar (ACV). After rinsing with Apple Cider Vinegar, I waited for a minute before wrapping may hair with a T-Shirt.
In my next post, I will review how you can use ACV for your hair. And of course it comes with lots of benefits for the hair.

6. I tied down my hair with a satin scarf, put my hair in a high pony tail then I air dried my hair. 

This was what my hair looks like before  I tied down with a satin scarf


My hair felt strong yet soft after conditioning my hair. After rinsing with ACV, my hair felt so shiny, tangle free and I feel my hair cuticles are closing gradually. I am so happy with the result.

Hope this was informative.
Do let us know if you benefitted.

Love always, Martyna.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.