Sunday 6 March 2016

HEALTHY HAIR PRACTICES I LIVE BY



When it comes to achieving a long healthy hair, there are things you can't do without. I call these things regimen or practices

Having a healthy hair is not just a day dream. It takes time and consistent practice.

I big chopped after 6 months. I am just 8 months into the family. There were lots of challenges I was faced with whilst transitioning. Keeping two textures was quite cumbersome and somehow, I couldn't cope with it so I decided to big chop.

I have come to understand that other people's regimen and product cannot work for me. When I started my hair journey, the first blogger I stumbled upon was Lush Strands and I wanted to use exact product she was using because she has  a healthy long hair.  The only product that was a keeper is Dove Intense Conditioner.

Then, I was focusing on length and not health. I didn't care about my edges. I just wanted a long hair and I'm still paying for the consequences till date.

So today, I will start off by listing the healthy practises I live by and hoping you don't end up making any hair mistakes.

1. I changed my mindset. Now  I crave for a healthy hair rather than length 

2. I deal with breakage as much as I can. Hair breakage = no length 

3. I am always on low manipulative style especially because of my edges.

4. I alternate between a deep moisture conditioner and a protein conditioner.

5. I massage my edges with castor oil and sometimes make a mixture of 2 or 3 oils, heat and massage my scalp.

6. I moisturise and seal after every wash day and nightly (3-4 times weekly)

7. I always prepoo my hair before every wash day.

8. And of course, sleep on a satin pillow or bonnet.

Thanks for reading. 
Love Always, Martyna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.