Wednesday 9 March 2016

Coconut Banana Hair Mask

The weather has made me dig deep to find hydrating mask for my dry hair. The weather is so dry that every day my hair keeps crying out for moisture and on weekends I can't do without a good hydrating mask.

I have been experimenting with lots of DIY lately, trying to find out what difference it makes to my hair and in so doing I experimented with coconut and banana. 

Ingredients
1 Coconut
1 Banana
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil

You'll also need a blender and a strainer for the coconut and banana, a shower cap and a mixing bowl to mix the ingredients together. 

I extracted my coconut milk from fresh coconut. 

And after blending the banana I strained the mixture in a bowl. You definitely do not want to skip this step because Bananas are difficult to remove unlike avocado hair mask.

I mixed both ingredients together and added 1 tbsp honey and I tbsp olive oil.

I mixed the ingredients together before applying.

After applying, I covered my hair with a shower cap as usual for 45 minutes. 

I used this treatment as a prepoo. So afterwards, I shampooed with ORS hairepair invigorating shampoo (sulphate free) and deep conditioned with Cantu deep treatment masque and 2 tsp of olive oil, allowing the deep conditioner for 30 mins under a steamer before rinsing.

I will definitely be repeating this treatment again especially because my hair is less frizzy. (banana at work)
My hair is recovering from a lot of heat damage and coconut milk has been my good friend *smiles*

Thanks for reading. 
Love Always, Martyna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.