Thursday 18 June 2015

BENEFITS OF PRE-POOING



What is pre poo? Pre poo is a short word for pre shampoo treatment. It is also similar to hot oil treatment but in this case, oils are applied before shampooing. It feeds the hair with some natural ingredients before washing the hair.

Oils are not the only essential substance to use for prepoo treatment. Conditioners (protein or deep conditioners) can be added depending on what your hair needs. Food items like honey, avocados can also be added.

I have a dry scalp. So what I do basically is to massage my hair with any oil of my choice, I use extra virgin olive oil, castor oil and dissolved shea butter. Other awesome options for use are: jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil.

In addition to that, I always use honey for a prepooing treatment. Honey acts as humectant and thereby allowing moisture into your hair.

How I pre poo my hair
1. I mix my oils (olive oil and shea butter), honey and conditioners.

2. I detangle my hair using my fingers first before using my comb.

3. I separate my hair into four sections and apply the mixture from tips to root, ensuring even distribution.

4. I cover my hair with a conditioning cap and stay for 30 minutes.

5. I washed my hair, then wrap with a towel and when damp I apply my conditioner.

6. I rinse out the conditioner and wrap with a towel again to prevent the water from dripping.

7. I air dry my Hair. When it's almost dry, I moisturise using my organics tea tree leave in conditioner and seal with an olive oil.


Benefits of Pre Poo
1. It removes the tangles easier and thereby reducing breakage.

2. Pre poo helps to restore lost moisture.

3. Prepoo make the hair more manageable and softer.

How often do I pre poo
I prepoo weekly but it depends on what your hair needs. You can prepoo biweekly, monthly. But it is usually done before you shampoo your hair. So you should pre poo as often as you shampoo your hair.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.