Monday 18 August 2014

HAIR TIPS: Eggs for hair breakage.

Hi sweeties, how are you today? Another interesting one for you.

There are many problems of hair but the most common is hair breakage. Every ones hair grows but constant combing, applications of chemicals such as relaxers, and frequent use of heat such as hair straighter, blow dryer, curling iron causes hair breakage making it seem as if our hair cannot grow and thus remains at same length.

Breakage occurs when our hair becomes protein deficient. Relaxer weakens the protein bonds in our hair, thus making it susceptible to breakage. But you can stop hair breakage by adding more protein to your hair and by increasing the protein in your diet. Protein smooths the cuticles of our hair, creating smoother strands and stronger hair. For dry scalp, use only the yolk. The yolk is rich in fats and protein which is extremely moisturising. It also acts as a conditioner, keeping your hair hydrated all the time.



Procedure for application:
*I wash my hair with a sulphate free shampoo, rinse and then wrap my hair with a towel to remove excess water.

*I usually mix the egg yolk with two table spoons of mayonnaise, blending properly until it becomes creamy.



*I apply the mixture on my hair strands, focusing more on my ends and leave for minimum of 30 minutes, covering my hair with a heat cap.

*I rinse with cold water because rinsing with warm water sticks the egg to the hair.

*The smell of egg could be a bit unbearable, so I usually use a moisturising conditioner after rinsing out the egg yolk.

*I rinse out the condtioner with cold water and wrap my hair with a T-shirt for about 45 minutes and allowed to air dry.

I have a coarse hair so, I apply this treatment before and after texlaxing. If you have a fine hair, you can apply this mixture every month.

If your hair is protein sensitive, you might consider applying this mixture every other month.

Hope this was informative. Do let us know if you benefited.

   With love, Martyna.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to hear from you.